Copyright LMfamousAO 2007 - 2011. All rights reserved.

Mar 28, 2010

Miley Cyrus Is No Longer Hannah Montana

Miley says goodbye to her other half.
Ellen Wu



Miley Cyrus is quitting Hannah Montana.

Miley isn’t the only childhood star who quit Disney to pursue a singing career. Hilary Duff and Lindsay Lohan both left Disney in their teens to work on their music.

The 17-year-old star announced today she would be leaving the Disney show to pursue her pop career full-time because she has "grown out" of it.

After receiving the "Favourite Film Actress” award for her role as Hannah Montana at the Nickelodeon 23rd Annual Kids’ Choice Awards, Miley decided to retire
from Hannah Montana.

Over the years, Miley has earned over $400 million from the Disney role. However, she said, "I won't have this [mold] they want me to fit into. I can just be who I want to be. When I was 12 I thought, 'I want to be famous all the time. I want everybody to recognize me.' But as I've grown into Hannah Montana I've also grown out of her."

She added, "I'm going to rejoice and be happy to finally not have to be somebody I'm not. Now that I'm older, people can say what they want and I'm like, 'Whatever.'

No comments: