Jun 26, 2009
Was Michael Jackson’s death caused by a painkiller overdose? Sources report Michael Jackson went into cardiac arrest after an injection of Demerol, a narcotic pain reliever similar to Morphine. Read more below.
A source at the UCLA hospital’s emergency room said that Jackson’s people told paramedics Jackson had collapsed after an injection of Demerol.
The source stated: “Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing. His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.”
“His staff started mouth-to-mouth and an ambulance was called which got there in eight minutes “But found he was in full respiratory arrest, no breathing and no pulse. They started full CPR and rushed him to hospital.”
“When he arrived they started resuscitation, giving him heart shocks and inserted a breathing tube and other supportive measures to try and save his life.
“He never regained consciousness.The family was told that he had passed.”
The Jackson’s family lawyer, Brian Oxman, said Michael had collapsed at the home he rented in Los Angeles’ Holmby Hills, with his brother Randy Jackson present.
Sources close to Jackson say he had been taking prescription painkillers including anti-anxiety drugs Xanax, Zoloft and painkiller Demerol in recent months.
Jackson family lawyer Brian Oxman confirmed Jackson may have had trouble with prescription drugs as he prepared for his London show.
“This was something which I feared and something which I warned about,” Oxman said on CNN. “I can tell you for sure that this is something I warned about. Where there is smoke there is fire.”
The Los Angeles City Fire Department confirmed the 911 call was made from Jackson’s home.
“The call came in because a person was not breathing,” said a spokesman.
“When the team arrived, they saw that CPR was already in progress by someone at the home.
“The person not breathing was transported to UCLA Medical Centre.”
Jackson’s family members said that Michael, who was about to start his comeback tour in London, “was in really bad shape”.
So what exactly is Demerol?
Demerol brand of meperidine is a synthetic opiate narcotic, very similar to Morphine. It is very addictive.
So did Michael Jackson die from an accidental overdose which caused him to go into cardiac arrest? Weigh in with your thoughts.
Quite possibly the world’s most well known man, Michael Jackson leaves a legacy of changing the music world as he passed away on Thursday afternoon (June 25) at the UCLA Medical Center.
Suffering from what’s being described as full cardiac arrest, paramedics attempted to resuscitate Jackson via CPR - but were unsuccessful in doing so.
And while many theories as to what triggered the heart attack are already floating around, all of the King of Pop’s fans are reeling from the devastating events of the day.
Celebrities sending out there condolences via Twitter include actresses, musicians and reality stars, with some as follows:
John Mayer: “I think we’ll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player. Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ.”
Miley Cyrus: “Michael Jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings.”
Lindsay Lohan: “NO OMG ... sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family ... i feel sick..”
Kim Kardashian: “Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family!”
Star Jones: “Death comes to all. But great achievements build a monument.” He IS and WAS the greatest entertainer of all times...Peace to you brother.”
Demi Moore: “I am greatly saddened for the loss of both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Especially for their children!”
Heidi Montag: “The world has suffered a GREAT loss today Michael Jackson my thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and fans God bless God rest his soul he will live on forever! life is so short enjoy every second God gives you!”