Copyright LMfamousAO 2007 - 2011. All rights reserved.

Sep 11, 2009

Jon Gosselin Slams Kate: “I Was Verbally Abused”


Jon Gosselin did an interview with ABC’s Chris Cuomo, and the reality dad bashed his estranged wife Kate saying he despises her. Read more of what Jon had to say about Kate below.


The “Jon & Kate Plus 8″ star says he was pushed to the limit by his wife Kate during their 10-year marriage.

“I was verbally abused,” the 32-year-old accuses. “I was beaten down. She separated me from my family. She used to hold the kids over my head and say, ‘Don’t spend time with your mom, spend time with your kids.’ Why can’t I spend time with my mom and kids together?”

Jon also said Kate called him all kinds of names.

“She’ll call me, like, almost like a ‘lame fish,’ ” Gosselin says in the taped interview from Aug. 28. “Like I wasn’t going anywhere. Well, excuse me, I’m taking care of the kids. She’s on book tours, she’s doing all these things. You know, she’s gone a week. You know, comes back. Unpacks, repacks, does laundry, packs up and leaves again. And I’m standing there like, ‘Oh, OK. Your mom’s gone again.’ But I took a lot of abuse from her. You know, I was put down.”

Jon remembers back to when he was sick of Kate and fought for his right to go out.

“In 10 years, I’ve never gone out…When she said, ‘I don’t want you going out,’ I…I used to say, ‘OK, I’m not going to go out.’ I was very passive. This is the first time I said, ‘You know what? I want to see my friends. I’m going out,’ ” Gosselin says.

“That was the first time in my life I ever stood up to Kate…I just felt like I had to take back some time in my life, and I did it. And I felt really good. I made my own decision…I was beaten down for so long, I couldn’t even make my own decision. And when I did, I was like, holy cow! You know? Yeah, what’s she gonna do? Divorce me? All right. Obviously. You know.”

Jon married Kate when he was 22 years-old and seems to want to make up for the time he lost.

“I had twins at 23. I had sextuplets at 27. Bye-bye, twenties,” Gosselin says. “Raising all those kids until you’re 30 and, you know, you don’t even think about what’s going on around you. You do what you got to do to survive.”

Jon Gosselin revealed that it was Kate’s verbal abuse that made the marriage irreparable. And Jon says it was Kate who actually called it quits.

“She made the first move. She knows the truth,” Gosselin says. “I wish to God she would speak from emotions.”

But Kate tells GMA her side of the story:

“While I certainly have a very different perception of how our marriage dissolved, for the sake of my children I maintain that I’m not going to go into details of aspects I believe should remain private,” she said.

Things certainly don’t look good for the reality couple. Jon even said, “I can’t sit on a sofa with that woman. I can’t sit on someone right now that I despise—I despise because she’s not speaking from the heart. Please, the stuff you tell me in private should be the stuff you tell me on TV.”

They are living separately but share custody of their eight children.

“I’ve cried more now in the last, like, eight months…than my entire life,” Jon said. “Our relationship will never be fixed… I don’t trust her anymore. I was abused…I was beaten down…I’m not going back to that lifestyle.”

Jon says he finally decided to speak out and tell his side of the story.

“You get frustrated and pent up. I have no voice in the media,” he tells Cuomo. “I want to let the world know that I’m a real person with feelings. Yeah, OK, I made mistakes. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to go out to the clubs.”

The ABC interview with “America’s Favorite Father” airs Tuesday at 10 p.m. in the special Primetime: Family Secrets.

Do you guys think Jon has a point? Do you find Kate verbally abusive and over-bearing?

No comments: