Copyright LMfamousAO 2007 - 2011. All rights reserved.

Sep 16, 2008

T.I. Expenses Paid Far Exceed $2,000 Child Support


Rapper T.I. has come forward to set the record straight about his repsonsibilities as a father.

Recently, Lashon Dixon, the mother of T.I.'s two oldest sons, sued the rapper for an increase in child support, claiming that he currently gives her $2,000 a month to care for the boys, according to the Associated Press.

T.I., born Clifford Harris Jr., responded to the claims with a long statement on his Web site, StreedtCred.com.

"A lot of deceiving information has been reported regarding my recent child support proceeding," the statement reads in part. "It is unfortunate that the media has been used to manipulate the circumstances and distort the facts. Those that know me all know that there is nothing more important to me than my children. I have always supported all of my children financially, emotionally and spiritually. This has always been the case, and I will continue to do so in the future as this is my responsibility as a parent."

The rapper went on to say that in addition to the reported $2,000 a month, he also provides for their private schooling and health care, among other expenses.

"I have also made an attempt to help Lashon with additional payments that have included a down payment to purchase her home, purchase of an automobile for her transportation and other financial obligations," the statement continued.
"These expenses are documented and are far in excess of the $2,000 cash payment that is being paid direct to Lashon. She has chosen not to work and to live 100 percent from her child-support receipts. This is the reason for her difficulties in making ends meet for herself."

Throughout his career, the Atlanta native has frequently referenced his children in his songs and even released an album titled King, which is the nickname of one of his younger sons. He has two sons with his fiancée, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, including Major, who was born in May; a daughter died shortly after childbirth in 2007, according to MTV.com.

T.I. is currently shooting the film "Bone Deep." He recently released the video to "What Up, What's Happenin'," which was shot in Shawty Lo's Atlanta neighborhood of Bowen Homes. The rap star makes fun of his onetime adversary in the clip.

The Grand Hustle founder is also promoting Paper Trail, which lands in stores on September 30. Usher, Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Ludacris, B.O.B., Lil' Wayne and Kanye West are among the guests.

No comments: