Feb 8, 2010
Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Suing Britian’s “News Of The World” Over False Reports
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are taking legal action against the British tabloid “News of the World” for their story claiming the couple were about to split. Read more on their lawsuit below.
“Brangelina” has filed a lawsuit against Britain’s “News of the World” for reporting they were working out details of a split.
The News of the World reported last month that the couple had spoken to a lawyer in December. They also said the couple made a deal to split their assets and were also arranging to divide custody of their six children.
“The News of the World has failed to meet our clients’ reasonable demands for a retraction of and apology for these false and intrusive allegations which have now been widely republished by mainstream news outlets,” a lawyer for Angelina and Brad said in a statement. “We have advised them to bring proceedings, which they have now done.”
In a letter cited in that statement, Sorrell Trope, the divorce attorney whose name was mentioned in the News of the World report, denied he had been contacted by the couple.
Hayley Barlow, a spokeswoman for the News of the World, had no comment on the lawsuit.
Brad and Angelina were photographed at the Super Bowl showing major PDA. Check out the photos below!