Copyright LMfamousAO 2007 - 2011. All rights reserved.

Sep 4, 2008

Beyonce Talks Weight Gain

Photobucket
Beyonce Knowles is well known for her smoking hot body and her “bootylicious” behind. But Miss Knowles recently got a break from the gym, as she had to pack on the pounds for her role in the upcoming movie “Cadillac Records”.

Interestingly enough, the “Irreplaceable” singer told press that she had to gain twenty pounds to play the role of Etta James in her new flick.

Beyonce spoke of the weight gaining process saying it “was so much fun” but adds that she had difficulty losing the weight for her next role in the psychological thriller Obsessed, saying: “I was so angry with myself. I was like, ‘D’oh! Why do you have to go through this?’”The diva says that she limits her diet “No chips, no candy, no desserts, no junk food, no fried food.”

Knowles, whose 27th birthday is today (September 4), also mentioned her onstage alter ego, Sasha, adding that when she’s onstage she does things she doesn’t normally do. “I have out-of-body experiences. If I cut my leg, if I fall, I don’t even feel it. I’m so fearless, I’m not aware of my face or my body.”

As for the rest of her music career, “I’m over being a pop star,” she says. “I don’t wanna be a hot girl. I wanna be iconic. And I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot. I feel like I’m highly respected, which is more important than any award or any amount of records. I feel like there comes a point when being a pop star is not enough. I am really proud that I am one of the artists that has the opportunity to be on magazine covers and to be in the movies. And I do think that I’m opening doors for more black women, just like Halle Berry and Diana Ross opened doors for me.”

No comments: