Copyright LMfamousAO 2007 - 2011. All rights reserved.

Sep 18, 2008

Andre 3000 to Release New Album Later This Year


Outkast's Andre 3000 has officially revealed plans to release his upcoming solo debut by as early as December.

The ATLien will be returning without group member Big Boi on his currently untitled project.

"It should be dropping by the end of this year or early next year," he told Rolling Stone. "I've pretty much been working with myself."

Andre 3000, real name Andre Benjamin, has decided not to have a lot of guest appearances on the album.

"I've never really been that big on collaboration," he said. "I have a concept, and all the soundscapes are already in my head, so I just have to figure out how to get there. I've learned that I'm most powerful when I'm doing my art."

The rapper-turned-actor also makes his return to the big screen in "Battle In Seattle," co-starring Woody Harrelson, which debuts tomorrow. Benjamin plays an activist during the 1999 World Trade Organization Summit.

In other news, the Atlanta rapper has ventured into fashion as the creator of a luxury clothing line, called Benjamin Bixby.

The luxury apparel is currently available on the shelves of Barneys and Neiman Marcus retailers.

No comments: